– Place the tomatoes on a hot skillet to roast. This step will take about 8-10 minutes. Make sure you turn the tomatoes every few minutes to achieve an even roasting.
– While the tomatoes are roasting, peel the potatoes and cut them into sticks that are 2 inches long and about ⅜ of an inch thick (don’t worry about being exact with the dimensions). After you’ve cut the potatoes, set them aside.
– Place the roasted tomatoes in your blender along with the small garlic clove, then add 1½ cups of water. Process until you have a smooth sauce.
– Heat the oil in a large saucepan at medium heat. Finely chop the onion and add it to the hot oil. Sauté the onion for about 2 minutes until it starts to look transparent.
– Pour the sauce from the blender into the saucepan using a strainer. When the sauce starts boiling, add the potatoes, the rest of the water, and the chicken bouillon granules. Taste and season with salt.
Keep cooking until the tomato broth comes to a boil, then reduce the heat and place the lid on the saucepan, leaving some space to allow the pot to release some of the steam. Continue cooking for about 15 more minutes.
– Potato soup recipe. Serve in medium-size bowls, garnish with parsley, and enjoy along with warm corn tortillas or crusty warm French rolls.