– Rinse the prickly pears and dry them with a paper towel. With a sharp knife, cut both ends off and discard.
– Make a slit along the side and, with your finger, pull the skin and peel. Proceed to peel the rest of the prickly pears.
– Place the peeled prickly pears in your blender with 2 cups of the filtered water.
– Puree for a few seconds, the fruit pulp is so soft that it doesn’t need a long time to puree. The seeds will remain intact.
– Pour the mixture into a pitcher using a strainer. Discard the seeds. Add sugar, ice cubes, and the rest of the filtered water to the pitcher and mix. Add more sugar if needed, according to your taste.