– Season the Salmon with salt and pepper and set aside.
– Heat the olive oil in a frying pan at medium-high heat, then add the onion and the garlic and sauté for one minute.
– Add the tomato and the red pepper to the frying pan. Lower the heat and cover.
– While this is cooking, grab another frying pan and heat the vegetable oil at medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the Salmon on the pan skin-side down. Make sure the oil is hot, in order to keep the skin of the salmon from sticking to the bottom of the frying pan. Gently press down on the fish to help it keep its shape, since it tends to curl up during the first minute. Keep cooking for about 3 minutes in total.
– In the other pan, stir the tomato sauce and add the green olives and the white wine. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Keep simmering on a low heat setting with the lid on.
– After the salmon has cooked for three minutes, flip to cook for 2 more minutes on the other side (see notes about cooking times).
– Using a spatula or a pair of kitchen tongs, place the salmon into the frying pan with the tomato sauce. Turn the heat off and let the salmon sit there for 2 minutes to absorb all the flavors. Even though the heat is off, the Salmon will continue to cook with the heat of the tomato sauce. At serving time, garnish the Salmon with the tomato sauce and some parsley leaves.