– Place the meat and bones (if using) in a pot with ½ onion and 2 garlic cloves. Add the bay leaf and cover with 2 cups of water. Cook until the meat is tender. (If using an Instant Pot, as I did, cook for 30 minutes.)
– Shred the meat once it has cooled down. Discard the bones and mix in the marrow with the meat. Season with salt and set aside.
– Mix the 1½ cups of masa-harina with the 1¼ cups of water to form a soft dough (add more water if needed). Divide the dough into 4 large balls.
– Roll each masa ball into a log shape, then place between 2 plastic sheets and press down using your tortilla press or a glass pie dish. This will form a large oblong tortilla.
– Cook the tortilla on a preheated griddle, turning twice. Once the tortilla is cooked, stuff with the shredded cheese and meat and top with the lettuce, cream, and cheese.