– Add the oil to a saucepan and place over medium heat.
– Remove the chorizo from the casing and fry in the sauce pan making sure to break it up with a wooden spoon until it is browned and crumbly. Remove from pan and drain excess fat leaving one tablespoon of the fat in the pan.
– Add the onion to the pan and sauté until soft. Add the garlic and cook 5 more minutes.
– Add the tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, add the chicken broth and cook for 5 more minutes or until the tomatoes cook down to a sauce.
– Stir in the chorizo, pork, chipotle, adobo sauce, and crushed herbs. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Mix well to combine the ingredients and crush the chipotle pepper add salt and pepper to taste.