– First gather and prepare all your ingredients, this soup cooks quickly once you have everything ready.
– Roast the Poblano peppers over the flame, let them sweat inside a plastic bag, or wrapped in a kitchen towel. Rub the peppers with your finger to remove the charred skins or use a kitchen towel to remove the skins. Make a slit lengthwise and discard the seeds. Pat dry and cut into strips or cubes.
– In a medium size saucepan place the corn, 2 cups of water and epazote leaves. Cook on medium heat fro about 10 minutes.
– Heat the tablespoon of oil in a medium-size pot. Once the oil is hot, add the squash or zucchini to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
– Stir in the onion and garlic in the pot with the squash, and sautee for another 3 minutes. By this time corn is almost ready on other pot.
– Pour corn and its cooking liquid into the pot with the zucchini and onion mix.
– Add the Poblano, squash blossoms, and chicken broth to the pot, and cook for 5 more minutes of minutes.
– When all vegetables are almost done, taste to season with salt.