– Since the procedure to make this recipe takes very little time, make sure that you have all your ingredients prepared and ready before you start cooking.
– Start by heating the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until it melts.
– Stir in the chopped garlic and cook until it starts releasing its nice aroma (about 30 seconds). Keep an eye on the temperature to avoid burning the butter.
– Add the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until they change to a nice pink color. Do not overcook them, because we still need to add the rest of the ingredients. The cooking time will also depend on the size of the shrimp. If you use smaller shrimp, they will take less time.
– Pour in the Tequila and the lime juice, and let the alcohol evaporate for about 1 to 2 minutes. (If you want, use a lighter or a match to ignite the tequila; this will result in a small flame for a couple of seconds.)
– Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the crushed pepper and the chopped cilantro, and remove from heat. You can also add the cilantro during the serving time as a garnish.)