Vermicelli Soup with Chicken and Vegetables
It is some of the most humble dishes of our everyday Mexican cuisine but it is one that will show up in so many homes across the country. Like the “Chicken Noodle Soup” in America.
– Prepare all your ingredients dicing the vegetables.
– Add 1 tablespoon of the oil in your soup pot at medium heat.
– Add the Vermicelli and lightly stir fry it. This will take a couple of minutes. Remove and place in a separate plate.
– Add the other tablespoon of oil to the pot and add the carrots. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes, onion, chayote and zucchini. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking place the tomato and the garlic cloves in the blender with the cup of water and blend until smooth.
– Add the tomato-garlic mixture to the pot and stir. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.