– Prepare all your ingredients dicing the vegetables.
– Add 1 tablespoon of the oil in your soup pot at medium heat.
– Add the Vermicelli and lightly stir fry it. This will take a couple of minutes. Remove and place in a separate plate.
– Add the other tablespoon of oil to the pot and add the carrots. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes, onion, chayote and zucchini. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking place the tomato and the garlic cloves in the blender with the cup of water and blend until smooth.
– Add the tomato-garlic mixture to the pot and stir. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
– Add the Vermicelli and simmer for 3 more minutes. Vermicelli cooks very fast.
– Stir in the chicken, the chicken broth, and simmer until the Vermicelli is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
– Serve in bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro an a squeeze of lemon juice if desire.