– Place meat in a large skillet with one cup of water and the bay leaf. Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
– If there’s any broth left from the meat, set aside and reserve to add later on. Add 2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil** and sauté the meat over medium-high heat until slightly browned. Stir occasionally to keep it from sticking to the pan. About 3-4 minutes.
– Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno pepper to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally until they soften, for about 3 minutes. Add corn and cook for another 3 minutes. Add squash or zucchini, toss well, and cook for about 5 more minutes.
– Stir in the tomatoes and any leftover cooking broth. Stir in the cilantro and ground cumin.
– Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until pork and vegetables are tender about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; serve with rice and warm tortillas.