1 hr 30 mins
– Cook the meat with onion and 1 bay leaf in a large stock pot covered with water until meat is tender and can be shredded easily. About 1 ½ hour or 35 minutes in a pressure cooker.
– Place 1 cup of the Guajillo sauce, chopped tomato, garlic clove, bay leaves, cumin and oregano into the blender, process until you have a smooth sauce. Set aside.
– Once meat is tender, remove it from the pot and shred finely.
– Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium heat; add the guajillo sauce from the blender and the rest of the Herdez cooking sauce.
– Add the shredded meat and the cooked potatoes, season with salt. Keep cooking for about 15-18 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
– Warm the tortillas and form the taquitos, placing some of the fillings in the center of each tortilla and fold or roll. Garnish with a side of lettuce, tomato slices and crumbled cheese.