– Cut the steaks into strips that are about ½ inch wide and 1½ inches long. Just make sure that they are bite-sized. Season the meat with salt & pepper.
– Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and cook for 5 minutes.
– While the meat is cooking, chop the tomatillos, peppers, onion, and garlic clove. Place them in your blender with ½ cup of water and process to form the sauce.
– Pour the sauce over the steak and cook for 3 minutes. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat.
– Cut the squash into small cubes and add to the frying pan. Keep cooking until the squash or any other vegetables you added (see notes) are cooked. This will take about 8–12 minutes, depending on the type of vegetables and the size of the cubes.
– Season to your taste with salt and pepper. Finally, just before serving, stir in the finely chopped cilantro.