Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Chicken with Fine Herbs
Chicken with fine herbs is a simple but elegant meal. It’s full of flavor, but still very easy to put together.
- 4 chicken quarters legs & thighs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- ¼ white onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ⅓ tsp. marjoram
- ⅓ tsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Parsley chopped
- ½ tsp. paprika optional
- 1 cup dry white wine* SEE NOTES
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat.
Pan fry the chicken pieces on both sides until lightly golden, about four minutes per side.
Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes
Pour the wine and add the herbs. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for about 18-20 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.
- You can also add ¼ cup of heavy cream 5 minutes the final cooking to give a creamy texture.
- Instead of wine, you can use a mix of water & vinegar or chicken broth.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 383mg | Vitamin A: 780IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.9mg