Add to Collection
Go to Collections
HOW TO MAKE MOLLETES RECIPE
I really enjoyed having Molletes with a cup of coffee for breakfast, or as a mid-afternoon snack with my friends while working on a school project. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe. Surprise your family today!
Servings 2 Servings
- 2 Crusty rolls, bolillos or French bread cut in 6 inch length sections each.
- 2 Tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup warm refried beans
- ¾ cup shredded Oaxaca Cheese or grated Muenster cheese* See notes for substitutes
- ½ cup of Pico de Gallo Salsa**
- Optional: 1 Crumble cooked chorizo
Preheat your broiler. Cut the bread in half lengthwise. Remove some of the inside crumbs. Spread the bread with the softened butter and place on the baking sheet. Broil for about 4 to 5 minutes until they are golden and crispy. You can also toast the bread directly on a griddle at medium heat.
Remove from the baking sheet and spread the refried beans on the bread.
Top the bread rolls with the cheese. (Add the cooked crumbled chorizo if using now). Place back into the broiler until the cheese has melted. About 5 minutes. Serve with the Pico de Gallo Salsa or the salsa of your choice.
* Any melting cheese will work, like mozzarella or Monterrey Jack.
** You can also use other Mexican salsas
Serving: 2Molletes ( sin chorizo) | Calories: 595kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1942mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2mg