Add to Collection
Go to Collections
HEARTS OF PALM SALAD
Hearts of palm are the tender shoots of the palm tree’s inner core. You can find them sold in cans at your local grocery store in the condiment or gourmet section.
- 400 g./14 oz. can of Hearts of Palm drained and cut into large pieces
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, sliced in rings
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 4 Roma Tomatoes sliced lengthwise in thick pieces
- 3 – 4 radishes sliced
- 1 Habanero pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado cut into chunks
- 1 bunch of cilantro about ½ cup, chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of capers drained
For the vinaigrette:
- Juice of 1 large or 2 small limes
- 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients to make the vinaigrette.
In a larger bowl, mix together all the salad ingredients.
Next, pour the vinaigrette over the salad and gently mix well so as not to blemish the pieces.
Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt right before serving.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Look for the Hearts of Palms in the condiments section of your local supermarket or you can buy them ONLINE.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 2234mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 775IU | Vitamin C: 27.1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2.4mg