Add to Collection
Go to Collections
CREAMY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN BREAST
Say hello to one of your next favorite recipes, Creamy Chipotle Chicken Breast! I am always trying to make new recipes that take less time to make but can still satisfy my Mexican taste buds, and I’m also always wanting to try new things and maybe get out of my comfort zone a little.
- 1 lb. of Chicken breast cut into 4-oz. serving sizes*
- 1 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of milk whole
- 2 Chipotle peppers in Adobo from LA MORENA® Brand
- 1 Tablespoon of powdered chicken bouillon
- 2 Parsley sprigs to garnish
I’m happy to find my favorite brand of LA MORENA® Pickled Jalapeños peppers and LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers at my local Fiesta Supermarket.
Season the chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet to medium high.
Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for 3 minutes per side, turning once. They have to look lightly golden. Remove the chicken and place on a plate.
While the chicken is cooking, add the heavy cream, milk, LA MORENA®Chipotles in Adobo, and powdered chicken bouillon into your blender. Process for a couple of minutes until it has a fine texture.
Using a paper towel, clean up any excess oil from the skillet where you cooked the chicken. Turn the heat to medium and pour the creamy chipotle mixture in to slowly cook. Make sure to watch the heat, as the sauce has to be gently simmering, NOT boiling. Too much heat will affect the cream and it will curdle. Cook for 4 minutes and then add the chicken breasts.
Cook for 4 more minutes, turning the chicken breasts if needed to have an even cooking.
Serve immediately with rice or vegetables and garnish with parsley.
• You can use other cuts of chicken; the cooking time may vary depending on the cut.
• The addition of the 2 peppers might be a little too spicy for some, but the cream and milk sauce will make it very tolerable.
• This sauce can also be used for shrimp, just cook the creamy chipotle sauce first and then add the shrimp to cook for 5-6 minutes at the end.
Serving: 4OZ | Calories: 434kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 320mg | Potassium: 559mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1135IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 0.6mg