Add to Collection
Go to Collections
GREEN MEXICAN CEVICHE
Mexican Ceviche or cebiche is a dish prepared with raw fish that is usually marinated in lime juice and other fresh ingredients. It is usually prepared with fish, but you can also find it made using shrimp, octopus, crab, and clams.
- 1 Lb Barramundi fish
- ½ cup lime juice
- 4 medium size tomatillos
- ½ medium size white onion
- 2 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeño
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Oregano
- 8 olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- Corn tostadas or saltine crackers
- Slices of radishes or tomatoes for garnish
Remove fish skin with a boning or paring knife. To do this, put your fillet on the cutting board with the skin side down, and make a cut to separate a small flap of the skin in one of the corners closest to you. Grab the flap, and slide the knife between the skin and the fillet. Make sure to slide the knife all the way under the fillet, trying not to leave any of the fish meat on the skin.
Cut the fish in small ⅓-in. cubes and place in a glass bowl. Season with salt and add the lime juice. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge, and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Finely chop the tomatillos, onion, peppers, and olives. Mix in a large bowl with the cilantro, Mexican oregano, and ground black pepper.
After 30 minutes, remove fish from the fridge and gently toss with the ingredients into the large bowl. Just before serving, dice the avocado and toss into the ceviche, drizzle the olive oil, and taste to add more salt if needed.
Serve in cups or small bowls, garnish with some radish slices or tomato slices. Enjoy!
• Adjust a number of peppers to your personal liking, you can also use habanero peppers and the flavor of the ceviche will be taken to a whole new wonderful level.
• I like to chop the green ingredients, but you can also use your food processor and process the tomatillos, onion, peppers, and olives to a very rough chunky consistency.
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 874mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 23.5mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.4mg