Add to Collection
Go to Collections
BEEF TOSTADAS RECIPE
Beef Tostadas; a flat crispy fried corn tortilla with Shredded beef or even with chicken or just plain beans, garnished with lettuce, tomato, onions and fresh cheese without forgetting a good salsa to enhance the flavors.
- 6 Corn tostadas
- 1 cup refried beans, warm
- 2 cups cooked and shredded skirt steak or your favorite meat veggie or seafood
- 3 cups Shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 medium size tomato chopped
- ½ small onion diced
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco Feta and Parmesan are a good substitution.
- 1 avocado diced or sliced
- ½ cup Mexican cream or Creme Fraiche
- A good salsa of your choice
For the meat:
- You can use leftover meat from a different cut of meat. Shred it or cut in small bite-size pieces. If you are starting from scratch cook the meat earlier or the day before. I like to cook the meat in the morning and always make enough to freeze and use in other dishes.
- For this recipe, you will need 1 pound of Skirt steak ¼ pc. of a small onion, 2 garlic cloves, and 1 bay leaf. Place the ingredients in a stock pot filled with water and cook over medium heat. Cooking time will be about 2 hours until meat is tender enough to be shredded. Let it cool, season with salt and pepper. But I always cook more that one pound. Meat cooked this way is great for tacos, sopes sandwiches and much, much more.
Now to the assembly process
Spread a small amount of the refried beans on one side of each tostada. About 2 tablespoons. Then add the shredded meat evenly among the tostadas
Top the tostada with lettuce, onion, and tomato.
Sprinkle with the crumbled cheese and avocado. Let your guests or family members add the cream to their liking. Serve immediately.
Do not forget to have a hot salsa and lots of napkins handy.
Serving: 1Tostada | Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 690IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 1.3mg