Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tostadas de la Siberia
This is a very popular dish sold at a chain of restaurants called Tostadas de la Siberia, in the city of Monterrey. You can also find them in other restaurants sold as “La Siberia-Style Tostadas”. While living there, I wasn’t really impressed by the taste of this meal.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups of chicken breast cooked and shredded (about 9 oz.)
- Salt to season
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ tsp. onion powder
- ⅓ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅓- cup chicken broth
- 12 medium size corn tostadas
- 1- cup creamy guacamole*
- 6 tablespoons Mexican cream
- Pickled carrots and jalapeños
Heat the oil in a medium-size frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and season with the garlic, onion, and black pepper. Add ⅓ cup of chicken broth and stir to sauté the chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend and the chicken to warm up.
Spread about 2 ½ tablespoons of guacamole over a corn tostada, then top with ⅓ cup of shredded chicken and a dollop of cream. Cover with another tostada. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients. Serve with a side of pickled carrots and jalapeño peppers. Enjoy!
In case you’re wondering how you’re supposed to eat this type of tostadas, well, some people cut the top corn tostada in pieces and use it as a little scoop, or top some of the bottom tostada’s ingredients on it.
- For the Guacamole, I used the recipe in the picture, but you can also use 1-½ avocado mashed with a few drops of lime juice and salt. But using the creamy avocado recipe is way flavorful.
- If you want an extra crispy corn tostada, slightly fry the store-bought tostada in a very hot frying pan with oil for a few seconds and drain. Some restaurants use this method to serve a crispy and warm tostada.
Serving: 1Tostadas | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 448mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg