Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Cucumber Lime Agua Fresca
Cucumber Lime agua fresca is among some of the popular drinks for those hot summer days. An easy to prepare a drink that takes the term “agua fresca” to the next level, it really tastes like fresh times 2! Cucumber, lime juice, sugar, and mint to garnish.
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 garden cucumbers (about 3 cups
- when chopped)
- ½ cup of lime juice (about 4-6 limes depending on the size
- or juiciness of the limes)
- 6 cups of water
- ⅔ cups of sugar
- 3 cups of ice cubes
- 3 small sprigs of mint
- Some lime & cucumber slices to garnish the drink.
Peel the cucumbers and remove the seeds using a spoon. Chop cucumbers into chunks and place into the blender. Gather all the ingredients to prepare the agua fresca.
Add the ⅔ cups of sugar, ½ cup of lime juice, and three cups of the water into the blender. Process for a couple of minutes, until everything has been processed into a smooth mixture.
Now, using a strainer, pour the mixture into a large-sized pitcher. In this case, I’m using my Rubbermaid pitcher. Press down on the strainer with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible. Afterwards, discard those residues.
Add the remaining 3 cups of water and 2 cups of ice cubes, then stir and refrigerate for an hour. To serve, place some slices of lime or cucumber in the glasses and garnish with a few mint leaves. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 1 gallon
- Use the type of cucumber available in your area; just make sure to remove the seeds.
- I like to garnish this “agua fresca” with the mint sprigs, but some people add it to the whole mixture into the blender. That will depend on your personal taste.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 36mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.1mg