Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tacos de Alambre Recipe
This quick recipe for Tacos de Alambre can be prepared over the stove or on your grill using a heavy skillet. Top Sirloin mixed with bacon, onion, green and red bell peppers, all topped with melted cheese make such a perfect combination that there is no way you’re not going to like these tacos.
- 1 pound Top Sirloin steak cut into ½ inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- ½ Lime
- 6 oz. of bacon cut into ½-in pieces (6 slices)
- 1-¼ cup white onion chopped (about ½ medium-size onion)
- 1-¼ cup red and green peppers chopped. *
- 6 oz. Oaxaca or Muenster cheese.**
- 12 medium size corn tortillas or 8 medium-size flour
- use a spicy salsa of your choice, like green avocado tomatillo salsa or red taqueria salsa.
Place chopped meat in a bowl. Squeeze the lime juice over the meat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is really hot, start cooking the bacon. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the bacon has started to release its fat and turning light brown around the edges. At this point, you can remove some of the fat if you want.
Add the steak to the skillet with the bacon and cook, about 6 minutes. Now, stir in the chopped onion and peppers. Keep cooking for about 3-4 minutes. Cook longer if you like the onion and peppers more tenderly cooked.
Finally, place the cheese all over the meat and wait until it starts melting. Remove skillet from heat and place a lid. Warm the tortillas and serve in tacos.
- * They are usually made with green bell pepper only.
- **If you have a hard time finding Oaxaca or Muenster cheese, use any other type of melting cheese. Muenster is my first choice of cheese to substitute the Oaxaca cheese when I can’t find it, but you can use Mozzarella or Monterrey Jack.
Serving: 3tacos | Calories: 675kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 763mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 43.6mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 3.3mg