Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Deviled Sausages Appetizer
Deviled Sausages Appetizer - I’ll also be showing you a party tutorial to display the Mexican appetizers for your own Game Day party.
- 1 14oz packaged smoked cocktail sausages*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup ketchup sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Red Habanero “ElYucateco” Hot Sauce**
- 1- tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup green onions finely chopped.
Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, and add the sausages. Turn occasionally, until they are a little golden brown. This will take about 4 minutes.
While you fry the sausages, mix the ketchup, water, Red Habanero “El Yucateco” sauce, and soy sauce in a small bowl.
Once the sausages are ready, stir in the sauce mixture and lower heat. Keep stirring it on low heat for 4 minutes. The sauce will reduce and caramelize, adhering to the sausages.
Serve warm and garnish with the green onion. You can make this appetizer ahead of time and just reheat, adding a little water to the sauce. You can either reheat in a frying pan or in a microwave. They taste better when warm.
- If you don’t find the cocktail sausages, use regular size sausages and cut in three.
- You can adjust the spiciness of the mixture by adding first one tablespoon of the sauce, and if you think you can handle the heat, then add the second tablespoon. These are really spicy, hence the name “deviled”.
- There is another version of this appetizer where the ingredients are just mixed without cooking, it still tastes great, but personally, I prefer the cooked sauce.
- Another common recipe makes the sauce a little more water, but since I’m making this dish to be eaten with toothpicks, I prefer the sauce to be thicker, more like a coating than a sauce.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 948mg | Potassium: 174mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.8mg