Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Tiritas de Pescado Zihuatanejo recipe
This is easy to make the fish cocktail from Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo in the state of Guerrero, where it is usually prepared using sailfish or marlin. The fish is finely sliced in small 2-in stripes of about ¼-in thickness, that is quickly marinated in lime juice...
- 1 Lb. Tilapia filets cut into 2-in by ¼ in
- ½ cup lime juice
- ½ medium red onion finely sliced (about ½ cup)
- 2 serrano peppers finely diced* (about ¼ cup)
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Corn tostadas or Saltine crackers.
- Extra finely diced Serrano pepper for those that like spicy
- You can substitute with other types of pepper like jalapeño or Habanero, use according to your own tolerance to spicy food.
- Make sure to cut the stripes along the length of the fish fillet, this way the stripes will keep their shape.
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 81kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 271mg | Vitamin A: 30IU | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.4mg