Add to Collection
Go to Collections
How to make spicy potatoes
Spicy Potatoes, This recipe has very few ingredients but is loaded with flavors. It’s an easy way to prepare new potatoes and makes an excellent side dish to accompany steaks, chicken, or shrimp.
- 1 ¼ Pound of new potatoes*
- 1 cup of water
- 4 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 4 Arbol peppers stems removed**
- 4 Tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Wash potatoes and place them in a large stockpot. Add one cup of water and cover the pot tightly. If the potatoes are too big, cut them in half or into bite-size pieces. Turn heat to medium-low and cook for about 25-30 minutes. Check from time to time to prevent the potatoes from over-cooking. Cook until potatoes are tender and a paring knife can be inserted easily.
While the potatoes are cooking, place 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 Tablespoons of Kikkoman teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, and the Arbol peppers into a blender. Process it until you have a very smooth dressing.
Once the potatoes are cooked, drain all excess liquid and return the pot to medium heat. Drizzle the other 2 tablespoons of oil over the potatoes and turn the heat to medium-high. This step will add a little bit of crispiness to the potatoes. After 2 minutes, stir in the dressing and toss well. Just before serving, garnish with chopped cilantro.
This dish can be made ahead of time, by cooking the potatoes beforehand and just warming up with the dressing before serving. It is excellent to take to potlucks and parties since it can be warmed up in the microwave.
- * You can use another type of potatoes, cut into 1-¼ in. size.
- **I don’t remove the seeds, in order to add spiciness to the potatoes. You can reduce the number of peppers if you prefer a milder taste.
- Mexican Cream or Queso Fresco are also great options for garnishing.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 626mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 159IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg