Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Roasted Chicken Thighs Adobadas
Roasted Chicken Thighs Adobadas, This recipe is inspired by one that my friend Yolanda gave me. She told me that it was passed down to her by a sister-in-law from the state of Sinaloa. In case you didn’t know, we love to eat chicken in Mexico: from the rotisserie style chicken to the chicken split open.
Servings 4 - 6
- 8 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-in
- 1 jar 12 oz HERDEZ Red Guajillo Mexican cooking sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- Salt to taste
Mix HERDEZ Red Guajillo salsa, oil, lime juice, garlic, and the rest of the spices in a large bowl. Season with salt.
Add the chicken thighs and toss well, making sure they are all covered in the sauce. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease with vegetable oil or spray oil.
Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place chicken thighs with the skin side up on the baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer register 165F when inserted near the bone.
Serve with warm corn tortillas, guacamole, and mild salsa.
- If you prefer to make it spicy, add two arbol peppers, roast the peppers, and then soak for 20 minutes in water before you process them in the blender.
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 221mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 2mg