Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Quick Enchiladas Suizas
Enchiladas Suizas, Having two of the main ingredients already prepared, this delicious meal will be easier to cook, and in less time. The best part is the end result; I promise that you will love them! a delicious and elegant dish that’s perfect for a nice dinner.
Servings 4 - 6
- 3 cups of HERDEZ Salsa Verde cooking sauces or your homemade salsa
- ¾ cup Mexican cream or sour cream
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 1 ½ cup shredded Oaxaca or Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- ½ medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for frying
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Place 1 cup of de Herdez “Mexican Cooking Salsa Verde, Mexican Cream, cilantro and garlic clove in a blender, process until you have a smooth sauce. Mix with the rest of the Herdez salsa verde and set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium heat; warm one tablespoon of oil and warm the tortillas one at a time to soften, giving it just a few seconds per side. Add the rest of the oil as needed. Besides softening them for easy rolling, another reason is that we do this is to keep the tortillas from breaking. Transfer onto a plate covered with paper towels to drain any excess oil. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. You can also add garlic powder if you like.
Spread ⅓ of the sauce in a greased 9″ X 12” baking dish. Or individual oven-proof plates, if you prefer.
Fill the center of each tortilla with the chicken and roll it up.
Arrange the enchiladas in 1 layer, seam side down.
Cover with the rest of sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese starts to brown. Serve immediately and garnish with onion slices.
- If you want to make this dish spicy, add 1 or 2 chopped jalapeño peppers to the blender in step 1.
- For those of you, that want to make your own Salsa Verde, follow the recipe HERE and double the amount, since you will need about 4 cups of salsa.
Calories: 643kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1606mg | Potassium: 773mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1776IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 334mg | Iron: 2mg