Add to Collection
Go to Collections
SMOKED OYSTER DIP
The smoked oyster dip is a typical recipe for the Mexican gastronomy, and particularly recommended as a snack for a delicious party food around Easter, the vacation week of Semana Santa. If you are a seafood lover this recipe will be one of your favorites.
Servings 2 Cups
- 1 Can 3.75 oz smoked oysters
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or sour cream
- 1 Package 8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature.
- ¼ Teaspoon Tabasco Original Red Sauce*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped Chives or green onions to garnish OPTIONAL
Place smoked oyster in your blender with the 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Mix well until you have a chunky texture or if you prefer until very smooth.
Gently mix the cheese until it has a creamy texture.
Add the oyster mix and Tabasco Sauce. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
Season with salt and pepper. Taste it spreading some of the dip over a cracker or piece of toasted bread. And if needed add more Tabasco Salsa, as I do. Yum! Serve with crackers, veggies or toast.
- * ¼ teaspoon of Tabasco Sauce might seem like a lot to some, but the cream cheese helps the flavor blend and creates the perfect combination.
- If you prefer, you could use Tabasco Jalapeño or Habanero Sauce. It gives the dip a new twist in flavor.
- This dip is ideal for your Holiday gatherings since you can make it ahead of time or just in a few minutes while you entertaining your guest.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 31mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg