Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Bionico Fruit Cocktail Recipe
Fruits like papaya, strawberries, cantaloupe, apples, and bananas are the most commonly used in Bionicos, but these change depending on the season and what is currently available. Yes, you can make a different version of this snack for every season of the year! Bionico Fruit Cocktail.
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1 cup of cantaloupe diced
- 1 cup papaya diced
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1/3 cup Mexican cream or sour cream
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plain granola
- Honey Optional
Gently mix the diced fruit in a medium-size bowl and set aside or place in the refrigerator to keep it cool.
In a small bowl, mix the cream, yogurt, and condensed milk.
Stir in the vanilla flavoring, and mix well.
Add 2 tablespoons of the creamy mix to the bottom of 4 cups or dessert bowls. Divide the fruit into the cups. Just before serving, pour 2 tablespoons of the cream mixture over each fruit cup and garnish with the chopped pecans, granola, raisins and shredded coconut. If you prefer, you can let everyone garnish their fruit cup to their liking. If you want to add a little more sweetness, then you can drizzle some honey on top.
- The great thing about this fruit cocktail is that you can use your own choice of seasonal fruits.
- There are several versions of the cream used to drench the fruit. Some use only yogurt and honey, and others even substitute the cream for cottage cheese drizzled with honey.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 1917IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 1mg