Add to Collection
Go to Collections
SPAGHETTI WITH CHIPOTLE GROUND BEEF
This recipe for Barilla® Spaghetti with Chipotle Ground Beef and Cotija Cheese has been a hit in our home; we all love it, including my son. I love being a mom! a combination that kids love. Visit our site to check out the full recipe. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe.
- 1 Pkg. Barilla®Spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 4 Chipotle peppers canned
- 1 Can 28oz Crushed Tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cup diced Poblano (optional)*
- ½ Cup cotija cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, meanwhile, sauté beef in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until browned and crumbled.
Add the chipotle and poblano sauté for 1 minute, add the crushed tomatoes, 1 cup of water and season with salt and pepper; simmer for 3-4 minutes.
While the meat sauce is simmering. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and toss with the hot sauce, top with the cheese and chopped green onions before serving.
- I substituted the Poblano pepper for ½ cup of chopped green onion. It works really good with the chipotle pepper.
- I like to use ground beef with some fat content, you can remove the excess fat after cooking it for first 5 minutes.
- Barilla®pasta products, canned tomatoes, and chipotle peppers are all available at your local Walmart store.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 629mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 496IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg