Add to Collection
Go to Collections
MEXICAN CHIPOTLE TUNA TOSTADAS
Scrumptious Mexican Chipotle Tuna Tostadas that are easy to make and can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. It’s rich, mellow flavor combines with the smokiness of the chipotle peppers to create a delightful tuna tinga. Enjoy it today!
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 large garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 cups of chopped tomato
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo*
- 1 teaspoon of Mexican oregano
- 2 cans 4 oz. each Bella PORTOFINO canned tuna
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 medium size corn tostadas
- ¾ cups of refried beans black or pinto beans
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- ½ cup queso fresco crumbled
- ½ cup Mexican cream
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onion becomes transparent.
Stir in the tomato, chipotle pepper, and oregano and cook for about 8 minutes, until the tomato has cooked and released its juices.
Add the tuna and cook for 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble the tostadas, spread about a tablespoon of beans on the tostada, then top with the tuna tinga and some shredded lettuce. Sprinkle with a small amount crumbled queso fresco and drizzle with few drops of cream.
- If you like your food a little spicy, add an additional chipotle pepper.
Serving: 2Tostadas | Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 587mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 795IU | Vitamin C: 7.3mg | Calcium: 213mg | Iron: 1.5mg