Add to Collection
Go to Collections
RED WINE BEEF STEW
Few ingredients like Beef, wine, herbs are needed to fix this easy Red Wine Beef Stew. Treat your loved ones to a delicious & effortless meal that everyone will love. Visit our site to check out the full recipe. You can use your Instant Pot or slow cooker, even your regular dutch oven pot.
- 2 lbs. RUMBA Meats Beef Cheek* cut into 1½ in. cubes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cups red wine
- ¾ cups of beef broth or water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme or 2 fresh sprigs
- ½ teaspoon of marjoram
- 1 Large garlic clove
- ½ medium size white onion
Using a paring knife, clean any excess fat from the meat. Season the meat well with salt & pepper and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of flour (you will use the leftover flour in the next step).
Heat the oil in the pot and add the meat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, making sure all the sides are brown. Stir in the rest of the flour and mix well.
Place the herbs and garlic in cheesecloth. Tie up the cheesecloth with a string and add to the pot along with the onion. If you don’t have cheesecloth, just place the herbs in the pot and discard before serving. Pour the water (or broth) and wine in the pot, place the lid, and cook for 40 minutes (if using an Instant Pot). (Check NOTES for cooking time using other devices.) Taste to check if it needs more salt.
Serve with some of the wine sauce and garnish with parsley. This dish can be served with mashed potatoes and a salad or with rice and vegetables.
You can also make this dish with Beef Shank if you prefer using that cut of meat. Buy about 2½ lbs. and proceed with the recipe as indicated.
- Optional garnish: 2 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley and crushed piquin pepper to your liking. The addition of piquin pepper is my own thing, just to add a little bit of heat.
- You can use your Instant Pot, pressure cooker, slow cooker, or Dutch oven to make this dish. Cooking times will vary depending on the pot you use.
- Cooking times per type of cooking method are: if using an Instant Pot, 35 minutes. Slow Cooker, 6 hours. Pressure cooker 50 minutes. Regular stove top pot or Dutch oven, 2 hours.
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 1308mg | Potassium: 966mg | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 6mg