Sweet Corn Cake
Sweet Corn Cake, This Corn Cake is so easy to make that you won’t believe you didn’t know about it before. Did I mention easy? It is. So, go ahead and get yourself some fresh corn while they are still available and prepare this delightful dessert.
– Preheat oven at 350 (180) degrees. Grease and lightly flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan (or two 9 x 1 ½-inch round pans. Set aside.
– Remove the husks and the silk from the corn and cut the kernels off as close to the husk as possible without removing any of the husk. You should have about 5 cups of kernels.
– Place corn in your blender and mix until you have a creamy chunky texture.
– In a mixing bowl cream the butter using and electric hand mixer. Add sugar, egg yolks and continuing beating. Then mix in the corn mixture, baking powder and flour.
– In a separate bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the egg whites until glossy and firm. Add ¼ of the egg whites mixture to the corn batter. Continue to add the whites by thirds, folding very gently.
– Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
– Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted near center of cake comes out clean, or until cake springs back when touched lightly in the center. It will have a nice golden color when done. In some parts of Mexico it is served with Mexican cream and roasted Poblano peppers strips, but I just like it as a dessert.