- 2 pounds thinly sliced Steaks of Rib eye or Sirloin (or Diezmillo at your local Latin Store).
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or lard (Lard is better for an authentic taste)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A good spicy salsa to top the tacos
- Add salt and pepper to the steaks.
NOTE: A variation of steak tacos are Tacos Campechanos; that’s how they’re called in Toluca, the capital city of the State of Mexico. You mix chopped steak and chorizo in a taco. After previously cooking the steak, fry some chorizo in the same skillet until well cooked.